Monday, October 22, 2012

Yay I am done.... Sort of.

I just finished the first draft of a short story I was working on. A dark medieval fantasy that right now rings in at 4,669 words. That is without any editing passes or Beta Reading so I am sure that the number will change.

As for the experience of writing it, it was a dreadful process. I started it almost an entire week ago. I was trying to write a novel and kept getting distracted  by this one idea for a short story. Eventually i decide that just to get it out of my head I needed to write the short story. One week later I have just finished the first draft of it, and I have no Idea how long it will take from here before I am satisfied enough with it to call it done.

In my head I thought this would be a piece of cake but as it turns out writing is hard, much harder than I remember. at this point I am glad I am a hobby writer because if I did this for a living I would be homeless and hungry.

As I polish it up I will post some more about it, background information, teasers and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment