Thursday, October 25, 2012

Inspiration hits!

I have put my first short story on the back burner for a little while and started on a second to give me some time to let the first one settle. Well what took nearly twenty hours for the first story to grudgingly be put to paper I did the same to a larger second story in eight hours. I am excited to have two rough drafts done. both are medieval fantasy shorts. the second one I finished today comes in at a word count of 6,297 and just feels cleaner than the first story.

I hate to have favorites but I like the second one better. It just seemed to write itself without my help. I had much less planning put into this and more 'winging it'. Maybe I was rusty getting back into writing again and the first story was just me cleaning some of the cobwebs out? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment